Traditional dry cleaners use Perchloroethylene (also known as PERC) which is recognised globally as toxic to human health and the environment.
- Hand wash in lukewarm water with wool detergent
- Never wash in hot water
- Never attempt to rub out a stain
- Wash separately in cold water on delicate/hand wash cycle
- Dry on low delicate heat until almost dry
- Lay your Cashmere garment on a towel in its natural shape, roll up in the towel to squeeze out excess water
- Lay the garment flat in its natural shape on a drying rack or a towel to dry.
- Do not twist or wring the fabric.
- Do not hang cashmere to dry, keep it away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Fold to prevent stretching and place in a bag with a zip closure.
- Stay away from storage bags that are made of polyester or plastic—you want to store your cashmere in bags that are made of breathable cotton or linen.