Cashmere is a fine natural fabric that is sought after for its exceptionally soft touch and beautiful appearance. Cashmere blankets and garments are inherently more delicate than wool and acrylic fabrics and therefore require an additional level of care when washing and storing. Treating your garment in the right way will ensure enjoyment for many years.
- Hand wash in lukewarm water with wool detergent
- Never wash in hot water
- Never attempt to rub out a stain
- Wash separately in cold water on delicate/hand wash cycle
- Dry on low delicate heat until almost dry
- Lay your Cashmere garment on a towel in its natural shape, roll up in the towel to squeeze out excess water
- Lay the garment flat in its natural shape on a drying rack or a towel to dry.
- Do not twist or wring the fabric.
- Do not hang cashmere to dry, keep it away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Fold to prevent stretching and place in a bag with a zip closure.
- Stay away from storage bags that are made of polyester or plastic—you want to store your cashmere in bags that are made of breathable cotton or linen.